Some of the most effective and life-changing Self-Improvement techniques are actually the simplest and quickest to use. Let’s dive into one of those right now…
How would you like to be 10% taller, faster or happier? Here’s how to be all three in an instant…
Attitude is everything
By now you’re probably already pretty dubious about this article: after all, no-one can get instantly taller, right? Well, no. And yes! You see, it’s all about attitude. The technique I want to share with you today is one I use whenever I set out for a walk. Whether it’s taking the dog out during my Morning Ritual, going out to visit someone, running an errand or just getting outside for a quick walk to refresh myself, I use this method to improve my attitude dramatically. Within seconds I feel taller, stronger, fitter, faster and most importantly, happier!
Disclaimer: I am not a medical or fitness professional. The technique and benefits described below are purely anecdotal. Consult your doctor if you are in any doubt.
Simple but effective.
This is so simple you may be tempted to dismiss it: don’t. Try it for a couple of weeks and notice the difference. Every time you are walking, remember this article and make the intentional choice to walk 10% taller, 10% faster and 10% happier:
- 10% taller: imagine there’s a string attached to the top of your head. As you walk, pull in your chin, and feel the string lift the top of your head vertically upwards, straightening you up until you are (or feel) 10% taller.
- 10% faster: at the same time, make a conscious choice to add 10% to your walking pace, either by striding a little further or quickening your steps a little.
- 10% happier: as you walk taller and faster, focus on the corners of your mouth…how much are they smiling? Whatever the answer, add 10% more to your smile! If you find this hard, think of something pleasant or amusing and use it to add that extra 10%. Remember to use your increased smile and brief eye-contact to engage with passers-by, too.
The “10%” is not critical: we’re playing intentional mind-games here, not making scientific measurements! If you feel better using 5% or 25% as your number, that’s fine. Everyone’s imagination works differently: just use a number that makes a significant difference without feeling uncomfortable. Just remember the aim is to introduce positive benefits, not turn yourself into a dashing, prancing, grinning crazy person!
This technique brings huge benefits: by walking 10% taller, faster and happier you will:
- improve your walking posture
- allow more air to enter your lungs
- feel more alert and energetic
- become more aware of your surroundings
- increase your heart rate
- work your muscles harder
- save time and arrive sooner
- feel more positive (it’s actually quite hard to intentionally walk taller, faster and happier and still feel negative – try it!)
Self-Improvement is about being intentional and consistent, so don’t just use this technique once: give a it a fair trial. Like me, you may well discover that it becomes a habit. Within the first 30 seconds of setting off anywhere on foot I implement the 10% method and immediately I start walking taller, faster and happier. This is probably the simplest and easiest-to-use tool in my entire Self-Improvement kit and it works really effectively, every single time.
Yes, it’s ridiculously simple. But Self-Improvement doesn’t have to be complicated.
Next time you’re out walking, try the 10% technique. And the next time. And the time after that. Be intentional, be consistent. After a couple of weeks you’ll wonder how you ever managed without it!
Better still: go out right now for an unplanned walk! Remember: getting outside for fresh air is always a good idea whether you walk taller, faster and happier or not! For more details on this, read my eBook, “Self-Improvement: Ten Quick Wins”.
Let me know how you get on with your 10% technique: email me or write in the comments below.
To our continued Self-Improvement and success!
The Self-Improvement Guy